From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to set a FileAppender to STDOUT?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 05:42:04 GMT

On Jun 11, 2008, at 1:34 PM, Peter Steele wrote:

> What do I need to specify in the File parameter to mean STDOUT? I have
> this:
>
>  <appender name="FILE" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
>    <param name="File"   value="System.out"/>
>
> which works in log4j but this just creates a file called System.out in
> log4cxx. What's the magic formula?

The log4cxx API comments are a copy from the log4j API comments,
log4cxx probably never supported the special values.  Don't know
exactly when support was removed from log4j, but many years ago and
maybe at the switch from log4j 1.1 to log4j 1.2.  If it is really
important to you, then you may need to write a custom appender.