From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MESSAGEBUFFER.H COMPILATION PROBELM
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:28:23 GMT

On Jun 12, 2008, at 11:46 PM, srkraju wrote:

> I tried with make, make install. And then proceeded.
> Now, I have tested 'make check' option.
> It also giving the same errors in messagebuffer.h
>
> thanks& regards
> srkraju

gcc 2.96 was a prerelease version of gcc 3.x and has an incomplete
implementation of the C++ Standard Template Library (see http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html)

.  I have been able to get messagebuffer.h to compile by forward
declaring std::ios_base and replacing std::basic_ostream<char> with
std::ostream and similar changes, but there are also compilation
failures in cachedateformat.cpp and properties.h and there may be
others.  I do not intend to work around gcc 2.96's limitations.