From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build head revision failed on windows xp
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 17:22:24 GMT

On May 14, 2008, at 1:20 AM, think twice wrote:

> i checkout the head revision of apr, apr-util , log4cxx, put them in
> the same
> root directory.
> Then i followed the instructions "how to build log4cxx using ant" on
> apache
> offical site, but it emits errors:
>
>       [cc]
> D:\WorkSpace\apache-log4cxx\log4cxx\src\main\include\log4cxx/pattern/
> lineseparatorpatternconverter.h(57)
> : error C2603: illegal access declaration:
> 'log4cxx::pattern::PatternConverter' is not a direct base of
> 'log4cxx::pattern::LineSeparatorPatternConverter'
>       [cc]
> D:\WorkSpace\apache-log4cxx\log4cxx\src\main\include\log4cxx/pattern/
> patternconverter.h(48)
> : see declaration of 'PatternConverter'
>
> --

That is apparently due to the fix for LOGCXX-281 (rev 654700) which
resulted in compiler warnings on the Sun Studio 11 compiler.  Guess
I'm going to need to iterate between Sun Studio and VC to figure out
how to write the code to eliminate the Sun Studio warning and also
compile under VC.  I assume that you are using Visual C++, could you
specify what version you are using?

Until then, you could either check out the immediately preceding
revision:

svn update -r 654699

or remove the offending "using namespace" statements.