From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why are there unimplemented filters defined?
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 15:22:35 GMT

On May 1, 2008, at 9:45 AM, Dale King wrote:

> It looks like there are a few filters that have header files, but no
> source files. In particular,  AndFilter, ExpressionFilter,
> LocationInfoFilter, MapFilter and PropertyFilter appear to not be
> implemented.
>
> If there is no implementation I don't think the headers should be
> included as this will confuse someone that sees them in the
> documentation and tries to use them.
>
> --
> Dale King

I've added LOGCXX-276 for this issue.

The definitions were apparently added while porting over the log4j 1.3
rolling file appender, but the implementations were not exercised by
the unit tests and the lack of implementation was not noticed.

Removing the headers could cause a program that successfully compiled
to fail to compile.  Would have been okay to pull them before the
0.10.0 release, but now we need to keep compatibility until we are
ready to jump to 0.11.x.  The best way to fix the problem is to add
the implementation in or if that is not possible to note in the
headers that they are unimplemented.