From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A few problems to report
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 21:50:03 GMT

On May 7, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Dale King wrote:

> Any feedback on these issues? I submitted Jira issues on all 3.
>
> The threads not ending cleanly is a major problem with me trying to
> move one component of our system to Log4Cxx. I would at least like to
> get a patch for it (preferrably a released version). I've tried
> several things but have not found a complete solution and the fact
> that it behaves differently than the FileWatchdog thread is confusing.
> I'm willing to help out on it, but am interested in your thoughts on
> the threading issues since you wrote it.

I've committed several changes against these issues and closed them as
resolved.  Obviously it would be good if you could confirm that they
address the issues that you encountered.

I spun off LOGCXX-282 as a separate issue to allow Thread::sleep() to
be woken up by a call to Thread::interrupt().  However, the required
added additional member variables to the Thread class which would make
the resulting library not binary compatible with log4cxx 0.10.0.  I've
held off committing it until I get some other non-breaking changes
fixed, but I would appreciate your checking it using the patch file
attached to the bug report.  After we get come feedback, we can decide
if you want to have a 0.10.1 or a 0.11.0 or both.