From "Dale King" <dalewk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is status of log4cxx and chainsaw
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 04:26:31 GMT
It looks like I can get location info and MDC on an XMLSocketAppender
if I use an XML configuration as follows to override the default
XMLLayout, but you cannot do the same with a property file
configuration:

  <appender name="xmlsocket" class="org.apache.log4j.net.XMLSocketAppender">
    <param name="RemoteHost" value="localhost"/>
    <param name="Port" value="4448"/>
    <layout class="org.apache.log4j.XMLLayout">
      <param name="properties" value="true"/>
      <param name="locationinfo" value="true"/>
    </layout>
  </appender>

--
Dale King