From "Dale King" <dalewk...@gmail.com>
Subject What is status of log4cxx and chainsaw
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 02:57:37 GMT
What is the status of using Log4Cxx 0.10.0 RC2 with the current
version of chainsaw? Here is my experience:

- Reading an XMLLayout log file created by log4cxx, works perfectly
including location information and MDC properties (when turned on in
the layout).
- Using an XMLSocketAppender wroks but I get no location information
or MDC properties on the chainsaw side and I get annoying trace
messages from chainsaw in the log for looking up the entities because
it shows up in the chainsaw log
- SocketAppender works, but once again no location information or MDC properties
- SocketHubAppender connects, but then does nothing. I get no loging pane.

Is this the expected behavior? I found the properties on
XMLSocketAppender to turn on location information, but it did not seem
to matter. My configuration file looks like this:

log4j.rootLogger=TRACE, A1, socketLogger

log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender

log4j.appender.A1.filename=log.xml
log4j.appender.A1.layout=org.apache.log4j.XmlLayout
log4j.appender.A1.layout.properties=true
log4j.appender.A1.layout.locationinfo=true

log4j.appender.socketLogger=org.apache.log4j.net.XMLSocketAppender
log4j.appender.socketLogger.RemoteHost=localhost
log4j.appender.socketLogger.Port=4448
log4j.appender.socketLogger.locationinfo=true

--
Dale King