From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie question: Compiling log4cxx 0.10.0 RC at Window XP Visual studio 2003 without Ant?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:05:47 GMT

On Mar 30, 2008, at 10:28 AM, Beni Bilme wrote:

> Hi, I have checkout the log4cxx from
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/logging/log4cxx/trunk.
>
> In windows, I have not been able to find a visual studio project
> file and left to Ant build. I had to install jdk, ant. I download
> apr stuff but realized that
> there are no binary versions available. Besides I still have to
> download some cpptask, ant contrib stuff.
>
> While doing this, I think that building this library should not be
> that complicated. I believe I am missing something.
> I just want to use this library. It seems that to build it I have
> install and configure lots of stuff which I do not use any of them
> in my development needs.
> Isn't there a simpler way to compile this library under visual
> studio 2003. A project file could be very helpful.
>
> I used this library in an c++ application whose development
> environment is lost, and I am trying to setup the development
> environment again.
> This is the only module that resist compile.
>
> I am quite sure that I am missing something and appreciate if
> someone can point it out.
> "How can I compile this library without needing ant and all its
> related dependencies."
>
> Any comment much appreciated.

Generated project files for Visual Studio 6 and Apple Xcode 2.4 are
provided in the log4cxx 0.10.0 release candidates (there will be an
RC7 announcement shortly).  These files aren't in the SVN, since they
are generated from the Ant build script.  See site/building/
vstudio.html in the release candidate for details on setting up the
build for Visual Studio.  The project web site will be updated when a
release candidate is accepted by the project.