From "Jacob L. Anawalt" <janaw...@geckosoftware.com>
Subject Re: Appender filtering
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 22:02:21 GMT
Curt Arnold wrote:
> I think the trailing semi-colon after WARN is messing you up.

Thank you for pointing that out. I will watch for that in the future.
Unfortunately it turned out to be more than this. The full app I am testing did
not have the semi-colon and neither did the XML config I tried.

I tracked it down to fileappender.cpp:166 in the Debian package liblog4cxx9c2a
(log4cxx version 0.9.7-6). WriteAppender::setOption was being passed the wrong
variable (name instead of option). It looks like this is already fixed in the
development version. I then found an email thread [1] mentioning a similar bug
report [2].

I'm going to give the LevelRangeFilter object a go via filter statements in an
XML config.

[1] http://marc.info/?l=log4cxx-user&m=119533748424148&w=2
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-207

--