From Ufuk Kayserilioglu <gro...@paralaus.com>
Subject NDC::clone and NDC::inherit
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 19:41:18 GMT
Whatever happened to the NDC functionality of "clone" and "inherit"? I
would like to pass around a diagnostic context but the application I am
working on is massively multi-threaded and most runs go through various
worker-pool threads. Given the functionality of "clone" and "inherit", I
was used to cloning the current threads NDC before I post a work-item,
posting that along with the work-item, and when the worker-thread
received the work-item I would "clear" and "inherit" the NDC for the
recepient thread. That way I could always trace a single item throughout
all my logs.

Is there a specific reason for the removal of this functionalty? And, is
it non-trivial to re-implement it?

Regards,

Ufuk Kayserilioglu