From renny.ko...@rubixinfotech.com
Subject Re: Seeking documentation
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:40:17 GMT
Jacob -

Try this link -- it's a good tutorial on Log4J -- the concepts apply to
Log4CXX directly:

      http://www.vipan.com/htdocs/log4jhelp.html

Renny Koshy
President & CEO

RUBIX Information Technologies, Inc.
www.rubixinfotech.com

             "Jacob L.
             Anawalt"
             <janawalt@geckoso                                          To
             ftware.com>               log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             02/26/2008 01:04
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Seeking documentation

             Please respond to
              "Log4CXX User"
             <log4cxx-user@log
             ging.apache.org>

Hello,

I'm starting to try log4cxx in a C++ program developed on Debian 4.0
(etch). I
read the short introduction [1] and then adapted information from there
into my
program. It has been pleasant to have everything so far 'just work'.

I think I am now to the point where I understand everything in the
introduction,
but am not familiar enough with log4cxx, or even log4j, to make the jump
from
the introduction to the doxygen reference. After reading the brief FAQ on
the
wiki, trying for a couple of weeks to hit links to the mailing lists and
other
places pointing to the unresponsive nagoya.apache.org [2,3,4,5], and
reading
log4j articles I feel only slightly closer to my current questions and
others
that loom on the horizon.

Are there any other suggested places to read about implementing,
configuring and
using log4cxx?

Should all the nagaya references be replaced with service names like
mail-archives or issues? [6]

[1] http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/manual.html
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4cxx/ (link to search user mailing
list