From renny.ko...@rubixinfotech.com
Subject Re: [VOTE] log4cxx 0.10.0 release candidate
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:27:07 GMT
I found out the hard way that you should use the shell-script (autogen)
that is provided to do the autoconfig....

Renny Koshy
President & CEO

RUBIX Information Technologies, Inc.
www.rubixinfotech.com

             jtc@acorntoolwork
             s.com (J.T.
             Conklin)                                                   To
                                       "Log4CXX User"
             02/26/2008 05:03          <log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org>
                                       Log4CXX Dev
                                       <log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org>
              "Log4CXX User"           Re: [VOTE] log4cxx 0.10.0 release
             <log4cxx-user@log         candidate
             ging.apache.org>

Andreas Fester <afester@apache.org> writes:
> I dont currently have much time to work on log4cxx,
> but a quick review of the .tar.gz file at least showed that the
> UNIX configure script is missing. This results in a dependency
> on the GNU autotools to generate the configure script and the
Makefile.in's
> before building, instead of the straightforward ./configure; ./make;
> ./make install.

I think this is a reasonably big deal.  I tried a quick "autoreconf
-ivf" which failed because the APR_FIND_APR macro was not distributed
with lib4cxx and find_apr.m4 isn't installed in /usr/pkg/share/aclocal
as part of NetBSD's apr package.

> Using the ant build system would add a build dependency on Java,
> which looks a littlebit heavy for me.

Using ant isn't even an option for systems where Java is not available.

I'll see what I can do to jump this hurdle so I can report whether
there are any other problems beyond configure.

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin