From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Double byte character support
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:38:38 GMT
As of rev 627996, non-ascii file names seem to be working on Mac OS/X
and Windows, however Ubuntu 7.01 still has the ? characters.  After
running the unit tests, src/test/resources should contain dom
+superscript 3 and dom+ideographic 4.  The ideograph displays on my
Mac, but I just get a box on Windows, guess I don't have the asian
fonts loaded.  Feedback would good.

If you want to analyze what is going on on Linux, that would be
great.  You could set a break point on File::getPath(Pool) which would
be the entry point to encode the file path prior to an APR call.
Likely, the call apr_os_locale_encoding() in charsetencoder.cpp is
returning "C" which indicates that the current charset is just 7-bit
ASCII and the proper response to that is to translate unrecognized
characters as "?".