From j..@acorntoolworks.com (J.T. Conklin)
Subject Re: [VOTE] log4cxx 0.10.0 release candidate
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:03:59 GMT
Andreas Fester <afester@apache.org> writes:
> I dont currently have much time to work on log4cxx,
> but a quick review of the .tar.gz file at least showed that the
> UNIX configure script is missing. This results in a dependency
> on the GNU autotools to generate the configure script and the Makefile.in's
> before building, instead of the straightforward ./configure; ./make;
> ./make install.

I think this is a reasonably big deal.  I tried a quick "autoreconf
-ivf" which failed because the APR_FIND_APR macro was not distributed
with lib4cxx and find_apr.m4 isn't installed in /usr/pkg/share/aclocal
as part of NetBSD's apr package.

> Using the ant build system would add a build dependency on Java,
> which looks a littlebit heavy for me.

Using ant isn't even an option for systems where Java is not available.

I'll see what I can do to jump this hurdle so I can report whether
there are any other problems beyond configure.

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin