From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] log4cxx 0.10.0 release candidate
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:30:46 GMT

On Feb 26, 2008, at 9:35 PM, Ross Wightman wrote:

> There appears to be a minor issue with the Visual Studio projects. The
> log4cxx and testsuite project have include directories that are at
> odds
> with the workspace/solution project directories and the recommended
> build preparation (where the apr and apr-util folders have their
> version
> numbers stripped and are placed at the same directory level as the
> log4cxx folder ... build_path\log4cxx, build_path\apr and
> build_path\apr-util).
>
> The include directories should be:
> ..\src\main\include;"..\..\apr\include";"..\..\apr-util\include"
>
> instead of
>
> ..\src\main\include,..\..\..\..\apr-1.2.11\include,..\..\..\..\apr-
> util-1.2.10\include
>
> Other than that, the VS projects built fine for me with VS 2005 SP1 +
> apr-1.2.12 + apr-util-1.2.12. The resulting DLL worked with my
> existing
> application which uses log4cxx via RollingFileAppenders extensively. I
> also created an x64 configuration for log4cxx and that also builds and
> runs. I was unable to complete a run of the testsuite since I'm
> lacking
> an impl of sed. I'll try that shortly.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ross

Thanks for the feedback.  The Visual Studio issue was introduced in
late in release preparation (also very late at night) and was
previously reported at  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
LOGCXX-247.  Sorry that you had to run into it again.

I've tweaked the build pages at bit and mention that you can download
sed, gzip and zip for Windows at http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net.
There will be another release candidate in a few days.