From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem building log4cxx using apr
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:23:16 GMT

On Feb 8, 2008, at 2:41 AM, Andreas Grob wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm not familiar with ant, apr, ... So, I don't know what to do
> next. Can please
> anybody help me?
>
> Cheers
> ~ Andreas

Sorry, trying to get the release candidate out and things are flying
pretty furious.

The ultimate answer will be in new build pages on the web site that
will document all the changes that have occurred.  Unfortunately, that
means at the moment things are subject to change minute by minute.

First, update your cpptasks to the current SVN HEAD.

Second, the build.xml no longer attempts to download APR or APR-Util,
but expects to find them or have their location explicitly specified.
On Windows, the easiest way is to either untar or unzip releases of
apr and apr-util in the same directory that has log4cxx or to check
out versions to those directories, so you end up with something like:

$ dir c:\
[apr]
[apr-util]
[log4cxx]
$ cd log4cxx
$ ant

Basically, it follows the same scheme as the VC6 builds for APR which
requires that apr, apr-util and apr-iconv be children of the same
parent directory.

The find logic essentially checks /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib and ../apr
in that order.  If you want to explicitly specify a location, use -
Dwith-apr=PATH.