From "Jacob L. Anawalt" <janaw...@geckosoftware.com>
Subject Re: Seeking documentation
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:58:40 GMT
Curt Arnold wrote:
> log4cxx has minimal independent documentation since it attempts to mimic
> log4j.  Unfortunately, log4j also has a gap between the freely available
> intro and the freely available source code.  There are two commercial
> log4j books but they are not products of the Apache Software
> Foundation.  The priority on log4j would be to move on the log4j 2.0 and
> document it during development instead of documenting log4j 1.2 5 years
> or so after initial release.

I am planning on getting the book as a reference and to help other developers
who may work on my project get up to speed, but I wanted to get slightly deeper
proof of concept code going before we commit to it.

I wasn't expecting anything new to be written for the older code, just hoping
others knew of some additional handy resources. I was also wondering if I just
"didn't get it" when using the Wiki. When I search I often get results like 7
results of 704 pages doing a full text search for "log4cxx" but the title index
is only 20 pages so I wondered if somehow I was missing something. Maybe it's
just all the wiki help pages in lots of languages.

At this point I think I'll ask individual questions here when I don't find the
answer in the archives, and update the wiki when I think I have a nice summary
to add.

> nagoya should be replaced by issues when it refers to JIRA.  Please feel
> free to change those on the Wiki.

I couldn't find eyebrowse anywhere. Maybe it's been replaced by mod_mbox like
the project mailing lists page links to? If so then I think I have the mailing
list links set up correctly on the wiki.

--
Jacob Anawalt
Gecko Software, Inc.