From "Jacob L. Anawalt" <janaw...@geckosoftware.com>
Subject Seeking documentation
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:04:30 GMT
Hello,

I'm starting to try log4cxx in a C++ program developed on Debian 4.0 (etch). I
read the short introduction [1] and then adapted information from there into my
program. It has been pleasant to have everything so far 'just work'.

I think I am now to the point where I understand everything in the introduction,
but am not familiar enough with log4cxx, or even log4j, to make the jump from
the introduction to the doxygen reference. After reading the brief FAQ on the
wiki, trying for a couple of weeks to hit links to the mailing lists and other
places pointing to the unresponsive nagoya.apache.org [2,3,4,5], and reading
log4j articles I feel only slightly closer to my current questions and others
that loom on the horizon.

Are there any other suggested places to read about implementing, configuring and
using log4cxx?

Should all the nagaya references be replaced with service names like
mail-archives or issues? [6]

[1] http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/manual.html
archives)
[3] http://marc.info/?l=log4cxx-user&m=114413383713402&w=2