From Tomislav Petrović <t.petro...@inet.hr>
Subject Re: log4cxx::LoggerPtr becoming NULL
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:32:16 GMT
Curt Arnold said on 18.2.2008 17:47:

> That should not happen unless other code intentionally bypasses the
> enforcement of the private visibility.  log4cxx does not maintain any
> list of LoggerPtr's or push changes out to them.  The only way that a
> LoggerPtr should become null would be if some code outside of log4cxx
> set it or if the LoggerPtr was destructed.

OK, a bit more info.
MyClass instances are being created and their method executed by many
simultaneous threads.

So effectively we might have log4cxx::Logger::getLogger("identicalName")
from many threads simultaneously.

Can the behavior we are experiencing be somehow related to the problems
described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-132 ???

When were issues described there fixed, we still might have them since
we are using relatively old version (1+ year old :( - company policy not
to update anything unless proven there is a problem in old version which
is fixed in new one).

--
Tomy <t.petrovic@inet.hr>