From Andreas Grob <andreas.g...@bergauer.ch>
Subject Re: Unittests fail
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:11:33 GMT
Curt Arnold <carnold <at> apache.org> writes:

> On Nov 16, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Andrew n marshall wrote:
>
> > A coworker and I found the unittests depend on Unix tools like sed
> > and awk.  They would fail on windows if you don't have something
> > like Cygwin in the path.  I'm not sure if this is your problem, but
> > it worth checking if it still fails with the Unix tools available.
> >

> > Anm
> >

> The unit tests require sed, gzip and zip on the path.  sed is used to
> normalize log files by replacing dates, thread names and such before
> comparison with "witness" files.    gzip and zip are used to compress
> rolled over files when the file extension ends with ".gz" or ".zip"
> which was recently implemented and perhaps was not added to the
> INSTALL notes.  At the place that your tests are failing, it would
> seem that missing gzip or zip is missing.

Hi,
I think, I have the same error. I tried svn r596563. (My last known revision
without that error was 566509 (the one I used so far)).

I'm using VS2005/SP1
ant -Ddebug=true -Doptimize=size

[exec] 2007-11-20 09:52:41,476 DEBUG
org.apache.log4j.rolling.SizeBasedRollingTest -Hello--10
[exec] ...............log4cxx: Exception during rollover

Now starting the debugger:
Call Stack entry:
>	log4cxxd.dll!log4cxx::WriterAppender::subAppend(const
log4cxx::helpers::ObjectPtrT<log4cxx::spi::LoggingEvent> & event={...},
log4cxx::helpers::Pool & p={...})  Line 211 + 0x1b bytes	C++

Code:
void WriterAppender::subAppend(const spi::LoggingEventPtr& event, Pool& p)
{
        LogString msg;
        layout->format(msg, event, p);
        {