From "Vic Simkus" <vic.sim...@gmail.com>
Subject NTEventLogAppender constructor linking problem
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 06:38:04 GMT
Hello

I'm using the latest version of log4cxx (sucked down svn HEAD
yesterday).  I'm having a weird problem linking against it.  The
constructor for NTEventLogAppender is not being found (error bellow).
The DLL does export it, I've verified it using the "dependency walker"
(signature bellow).  If I call default constructor it links fine.
Everything else seems to be working OK otherwise for the most part -
i.e. I'm able to link the application and get logging output.  I think
this has to do something with char/w_char/short stuffs, but not quite
sure how to solve it.  This one has me completely stumped.  Any
suggestions?

Oh, this is all under VC2003 with SP1.

Thanks
Vic

log4cxx::nt::NTEventLogAppender::NTEventLogAppender(class
std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned
short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> > const &,class
std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned
short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> > const &,class
std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned
short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> > const &,class
nt::helpers::ObjectPtrT<class log4cxx::Layout> const &)

Error:

main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
log4cxx::nt::NTEventLogAppender::NTEventLogAppender(class
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> > const  ,class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,class
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> > const &,class
log4cxx::helpers::ObjectPtrT<class  log4cxx::Layout> const &)"
(__imp_??0NTEventLogAppender@nt@log4cxx@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@00ABV?$ObjectPtrT@VLayout@log4cxx@@@helpers@2@@Z)
referenced in function _main