From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compiling SVN revision 592828
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 22:55:09 GMT

On Nov 7, 2007, at 12:32 PM, Renato Fernandes Cantão wrote:

> Hi Friends!
>
> I'm trying to compile release SVN 592828 on a Linux system (gcc
> 4.1.2) but it
> complains:
>
> stream.cpp: In function 'int main()':
> stream.cpp:40: error: 'LOG4CXX_LOCATION_FLUSH' was not declared in
> this scope
> make[3]: *** [stream.o] Error 1
>
> A grep on the source tree shows only the following:
>
> src/main/include/log4cxx/stream.h:#define LOG4CXX_ENDMSG
> LOG4CXX_LOCATION_FLUSH
>
> But LOG4CXX_LOCATION_FLUSH seems to be not defined anywhere.
>
> Thanks for the attention and for the excellent work, Renato!

I was aware that rev 592567 (committed less than 24 hours ago) would
break apps that used logstream and mentioned it in the comment.  I'm
currently iterating on a rewrite of logstream, I've committed a
rewrite that worked on gcc and have just started trying to figure out
what I need to tweak to get it to compile on VC6.  I'd expect some
other changes, but I'm guessing Linux would probably build now.

Glad to know someone is watching and sorry about the inconvenience.