From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: level problem
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:27:29 GMT

On Nov 9, 2007, at 5:54 AM, Anita Banerji wrote:

> Thanks for the help.
>
> I've checked out the svn head to get the macros that allow me to
> use the
> insertion operator so that I can follow your advice. However, the
> install fails. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Interestingly I checked out yesterday and twice today in order to
> try a
> couple of times and I got different failure from yesterdays check out.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Anita

Thanks for the report.  Gump is seeing the same thing:

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/logging-log4cxx/logging-log4cxx-
ant/gump_work/build_logging-log4cxx_logging-log4cxx-ant.html

I but I haven't seen it on when running the tests locally.  I don't
know why Gump hasn't been nagging.  Its last successful run was over
a week ago.  Will investigate.

I've recently rewritten the logstream code and would appreciate any
performance comparisons or observations you could provide between the
old code and the new code and the new code and using insertion
operators.