From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unittests fail
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:37:09 GMT

On Nov 16, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Andrew n marshall wrote:

> A coworker and I found the unittests depend on Unix tools like sed
> and awk.  They would fail on windows if you don't have something
> like Cygwin in the path.  I'm not sure if this is your problem, but
> it worth checking if it still fails with the Unix tools available.
>

> Anm

The unit tests require sed, gzip and zip on the path.  sed is used to
normalize log files by replacing dates, thread names and such before
comparison with "witness" files.    gzip and zip are used to compress
rolled over files when the file extension ends with ".gz" or ".zip"
which was recently implemented and perhaps was not added to the
INSTALL notes.  At the place that your tests are failing, it would
seem that missing gzip or zip is missing.