From "Wilfong, Paul" <paul.wilf...@ngc.com>
Subject Log4cxx - "no default charset decoder available" message
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 19:38:01 GMT
I am trying to build log4cxx on a Sun.

When I do the make, I get "#error  No default charset decoder available"
which comes out of charsetdecoder.cpp.

Details:

SunOS 5.10, and g++ 3.4.3. The computer is not connected to the
internet.

I've managed to make the apr and apr util stuff, but can't install them
to /usr/lib due to lack of privilege.  I use --prefix to put them in a
different location.

I have not built cppunit on this computer and hope to be able to bypass
it for now if possible.

For the log4cxx build I am using the following commands:
   sh ./autogen.sh
   ./configure --with-apr=blahblah  --with-apr-util=blahblah
--disable-cppunit
   make

At this point the error is reported from the charsetdecoder.cpp compile.

The ./configure step reports (among many other things) the following:
   checking for wchar_t... yes
   checking for logchar type...  utf_8

I've searched the message forums and have found a couple of related
entries, but am not sure if they apply to what I am seeing.  Any
assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.