From "Kamdar, Devang \(MLITS\)" <Devang_Kam...@ml.com>
Subject RE: Getting following Runttime error: MSVCP71D.dll was no tfound.
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:32:04 GMT
Thanks Curt for the response.
I will give it a shot, I was using nightly builds (or whatever is
available on - http://littletux.homelinux.org/log4cxx/
Got this link from Wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4cxx/FrequentlyAskedQuestions)

Since, from the threads, it looked like building log4cxx on a Windows
machine is quite a task:
http://www.dreamcubes.com/blog/?itemid=43

Looks like I cannot avoid it, after all! :)

Happy Thanksgiving.
______________________________

Devang Kamdar

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Arnold [mailto:carnold@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 3:33 AM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Re: Getting following Runttime error: MSVCP71D.dll was no
tfound.

On Nov 22, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Kamdar, Devang ((MLITS)) wrote:

> Sorry. Forgot the details.
> I am using MS Visual Studio 2005 to run the trivial.exe
> I am using the nightly build (the dll), so do not have the source code
> and have not built log4cxxd.dll on my local machine.
> Thanks.

Our project (and Apache C/C++ projects in general) do not provide
binary releases or nightly builds. I was not aware that a nightly
binary snapshot was available.  That said, it appears that the
nightly snapshot that you are using was built as a debug DLL using
Visual Studio .NET 2003.  MSVCP71D would be a runtime DLL (7.1 is the
version number of the C compiler) from that release.  Later versions
of Visual Studio typically install earlier versions of the release
runtimes (that is you likely have MSVCP71.dll on your machine), but
apparently not the debug DLLs.

The release candidates will include include generated VC6 (other IDE)
project files.  Maybe the nightly builder might provide you the
corresponding IDE project files and you could build your own copy and
not run into problems when your settings differ from the nightly
build.  I don't have a Windows machine with me, but I've generated
the raw MSVC6 project files and have placed them at http://
people.apache.org/~carnold/raw-msvc6-projects.tar.gz.  Later VCs will
convert them to their native format.  You will have to add the
dependencies between projects manually.

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or proprietary, and if
you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, do not use or share it and delete
it. Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation
of any investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation
of any transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable law,
Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its networks/systems.
The laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may
be archived, supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are
located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This message is subject
to terms available at the following link: http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging
with Merrill Lynch you consent to the foregoing.