From "Kamdar, Devang \(MLITS\)" <Devang_Kam...@ml.com>
Subject RE: Problems converting std::string to LogString
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:34:43 GMT
Thanks a lot Curt for the reply.
I will try out the options.
For rev 597066, should that be built in the nightly builds?
I mean, if I download the latest build, I should be able to see these
changes right?
I am not trying to build in Windows, cos it seems a very long task
building on windows, as there are lot of pre-reqs like Ant, Mingw etc
Anyways, the builds are working for me right now.
______________________________

Devang Kamdar
MSR Production Support.
For Urgent MSR Issues - Please contact the Person on Call from the
schedule in the link below:
http://confluence.worldnet.ml.com:8088/display/MSGCOE/Production+Support
+Rota

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Arnold [mailto:carnold@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:42 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Re: Problems converting std::string to LogString

On Nov 21, 2007, at 3:30 AM, Kamdar, Devang ((MLITS)) wrote:

> Hi,
> 911!
> Any acknowledgement or help highly appreciated.
> I have come to a point where I cannot think of anything anymore to
> resolve this mundane issue.
> I am sure, I am forgetting or overlooking something very silly.
> ______________________________
>
> Thanks
> Devang Kamdar

DLL exported templated functions are touchy.  I wasn't able to
reproduce the problem, but went ahead and simplified transcoder to
eliminate the exposed templated function definitions in rev 597066.
If that doesn't work, try using the core function directly:

void Transcoder::decode(const char* src, size_t srcLen, LogString&)

If that doesn't work, open the DLL with Depends (in the start menu
under Visual Studio/Tools) and check that the function appears in the
export table for the DLL (around ordinal 1548 in mine).

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or proprietary, and if
you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, do not use or share it and delete
it. Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation
of any investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation
of any transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable law,
Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its networks/systems.
The laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may
be archived, supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are
located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This message is subject
to terms available at the following link: http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging
with Merrill Lynch you consent to the foregoing.