From "Kamdar, Devang \(MLITS\)" <Devang_Kam...@ml.com>
Subject RE: Problems converting std::string to LogString
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:30:34 GMT
Hi,
911!
Any acknowledgement or help highly appreciated.
I have come to a point where I cannot think of anything anymore to
resolve this mundane issue.
I am sure, I am forgetting or overlooking something very silly.
______________________________

Thanks
Devang Kamdar

-----Original Message-----
From: Kamdar, Devang (MLITS)
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 10:18 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Problems converting std::string to LogString

Hi,

I am using the 0.10 version (dll) for log4cxx and when I am trying to
call following function:
outputLogString = log4cxx::helpers::Transcoder::decode(output);

I am getting below linker error!

Error	7	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class
std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class
std::allocator<wchar_t> > __cdecl
log4cxx::helpers::Transcoder::decode(class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)"
(__imp_?decode@Transcoder@helpers@log4cxx@@SA?AV?$basic_string@_WU?$char
_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@std@@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_trait
s@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@5@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual
void __thiscall com::ml::mllog4cxx::jms::SOALoggerLayout::format(class
std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class
std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,class log4cxx::helpers::ObjectPtrT<class
log4cxx::spi::LoggingEvent> const &,class log4cxx::helpers::Pool &)const
"
(?format@SOALoggerLayout@jms@mllog4cxx@ml@com@@UBEXAAV?$basic_string@_WU
?$char_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@std@@ABV?$ObjectPtrT@VLoggingEv
ent@spi@log4cxx@@@helpers@log4cxx@@AAVPool@9log4cxx@@@Z)
soaloggerlayout.obj
Can some one please help resolve this?

I am using this method as advised in thread
http://marc.info/?l=log4cxx-user&m=117816538114449&w=2

Also is there a way or a short tutorial / book that can explain how to
interpret these linker errors as I do get these very often.

Also I am attaching the build.htm from Visual Studio 2005 (Pro)

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or
proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically
indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any
investment products or other financial product or service, an official
confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Merrill
Lynch. Subject to applicable law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and
retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its networks/systems. The
laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of
EC, and EC may be archived, supervised and produced in countries other
than the country in which you are located. This message cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This message is subject to terms
available at the following link:
http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill
Lynch you consent to the foregoing.