From "Kamdar, Devang \(MLITS\)" <Devang_Kam...@ml.com>
Subject Problems converting std::string to LogString
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:47:45 GMT
Hi,

I am using the 0.10 version (dll) for log4cxx and when I am trying to
call following function:
outputLogString = log4cxx::helpers::Transcoder::decode(output);

I am getting below linker error!

Error	7	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class
std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class
std::allocator<wchar_t> > __cdecl
log4cxx::helpers::Transcoder::decode(class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)"
(__imp_?decode@Transcoder@helpers@log4cxx@@SA?AV?$basic_string@_WU?$char
_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@std@@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_trait
s@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@5@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual
void __thiscall com::ml::mllog4cxx::jms::SOALoggerLayout::format(class
std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class
std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,class log4cxx::helpers::ObjectPtrT<class
log4cxx::spi::LoggingEvent> const &,class log4cxx::helpers::Pool &)const
"
(?format@SOALoggerLayout@jms@mllog4cxx@ml@com@@UBEXAAV?$basic_string@_WU
?$char_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@std@@ABV?$ObjectPtrT@VLoggingEv
ent@spi@log4cxx@@@helpers@log4cxx@@AAVPool@9log4cxx@@@Z)
soaloggerlayout.obj
Can some one please help resolve this?

I am using this method as advised in thread
http://marc.info/?l=log4cxx-user&m=117816538114449&w=2

Also is there a way or a short tutorial / book that can explain how to
interpret these linker errors as I do get these very often.

Also I am attaching the build.htm from Visual Studio 2005 (Pro)

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or proprietary, and if
you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, do not use or share it and delete
it. Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation
of any investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation
of any transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable law,
Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its networks/systems.
The laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may
be archived, supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are
located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This message is subject
to terms available at the following link: http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging
with Merrill Lynch you consent to the foregoing.