From "Kamdar, Devang \(MLITS\)" <Devang_Kam...@ml.com>
Subject RE: Trying to extend LoggingEvent and Logger class
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 07:20:38 GMT
Thanks Curt for the reply.

To answer few of your questions:
1. I am using Visual Studio 2005
2. Yes I am working with 0.9.7 version.

But as suggested, I will try to play around with 0.10 version or the
SVN_HEAD version.
Just curious,
What is the difference between the two? Or are they same?

Let me first explain, what I trying to do.
I am trying to extend log4cxx to include some additional fields in the
logger class itself.
So I am trying to build an "extended" library (that will have
application specific logic) that can be used by the user(application)
rather than using the log4cxx lib directly and building app specific
logging logic inside the application code.

Just curious,
Can I build a dll that can reference the log4cxx dll? So that I am
accessing the updated version of log4cxx always?
I tried doing the above method and faced lot of issues like linker
errors (unrecognized functions from log4cxx not getting resolved during
link time)

What I finally did was to include the source of log4cxx and build the
whole library as single dll along with my extensions, which worked
correctly.

Devang Kamdar
MSR Production Support.
For Urgent MSR Issues - Please contact the Person on Call from the
schedule in the link below:
http://confluence.worldnet.ml.com:8088/display/MSGCOE/Production+Support
+Rota