From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting following Runttime error: MSVCP71D.dll was no tfound.
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 22:02:52 GMT

On Nov 22, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Kamdar, Devang ((MLITS)) wrote:

> Sorry. Forgot the details.
> I am using MS Visual Studio 2005 to run the trivial.exe
> I am using the nightly build (the dll), so do not have the source code
> and have not built log4cxxd.dll on my local machine.
> Thanks.

Our project (and Apache C/C++ projects in general) do not provide
binary releases or nightly builds. I was not aware that a nightly
binary snapshot was available.  That said, it appears that the
nightly snapshot that you are using was built as a debug DLL using
Visual Studio .NET 2003.  MSVCP71D would be a runtime DLL (7.1 is the
version number of the C compiler) from that release.  Later versions
of Visual Studio typically install earlier versions of the release
runtimes (that is you likely have MSVCP71.dll on your machine), but
apparently not the debug DLLs.

The release candidates will include include generated VC6 (other IDE)
project files.  Maybe the nightly builder might provide you the
corresponding IDE project files and you could build your own copy and
not run into problems when your settings differ from the nightly
build.  I don't have a Windows machine with me, but I've generated
the raw MSVC6 project files and have placed them at http://
people.apache.org/~carnold/raw-msvc6-projects.tar.gz.  Later VCs will
convert them to their native format.  You will have to add the
dependencies between projects manually.