From "Eborn, Eric D" <eric.d.eb...@lmco.com>
Subject Log4cxx in my project, unresolved symbols despite hours of work
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 21:07:23 GMT
I’m using MSVC 2008 Express Edition.  I downloaded the SVN head today and built it fine
(after some wrestling with it), and was able to use log4cxx in one project without much problem,
however, I then ported some of the code I had over into another MSVC project and again tried
to integrate log4cxx and am getting a couple of errors that are stumping me:

Linking...
   Creating library .\Release/Camera.lib and object .\Release/ Camera.exp
Camera.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class log4cxx::helpers::ObjectPtrT<class
log4cxx::Level> const & __stdcall log4cxx::Level::getInfo(void)" (?getInfo@Level@log4cxx@@SGABV?$ObjectPtrT@VLevel@log4cxx@@@helpers@2@XZ)
referenced in function "int __stdcall convert(unsigned char *,int &,int &)" (?convert@@YGHPAEAAH1@Z)
Camera.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class log4cxx::helpers::ObjectPtrT<class
log4cxx::Logger> __stdcall log4cxx::Logger::getLogger(char const * const)" (?getLogger@Logger@log4cxx@@SG?AV?$ObjectPtrT@VLogger@log4cxx@@@helpers@2@QBD@Z)
referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'logger''(void)" (??__Elogger@@YAXXZ)
..\Bin\Camera.ax : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

I built the log4cxx.lib both statically and dynamically and the above output is when I use
the shared lib, I’ve also added the Pre-processor directive LOG4CXX_STATIC.

I’ve done everything I can think of to get this right and this mailing list is my last resort
☺  I’d hate to waste your time.

Eric Eborn,
Software Engineer
801-545-5449