From Johannes.Fr...@kisters.de
Subject Socket Appender not functional?
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:38:59 GMT
Hello again :)
I just digged a little deeper into the log4cxx project (awesome amount of
code, that is ;) ) And found out something strange:
The write(event); method which the Socket Appender uses to send it's
events is all #if 0'ed out in loggingevent.cpp - therefore nothing is
being sent via socket. Why is that? I would need to modify the appender
anyways since I only want to send the message itself, not the event
wrapped around it (because I have several languages talking to the same
server) but I assumed I would at least find a working preset. Can anyone
explain this to me please? :) I checked both the revisions that came with
the VS2005 Project file and the latest svn, both have the write #if 0'ed
out.
With regards,
Johannes Frank