From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with msxml for log4cxx on Vista
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:11:12 GMT

On Sep 18, 2007, at 2:22 PM, Al B. wrote:

> I am currently unable to build log4cxx using the msvc project
> provided.
>
> The problem appears to be that in the msxml.h file the code: "#import
> msxml.dll"  is invalid on Vista.
> It appears Microsoft has deprecated this DLL (it is now called
> something
> different like msxml6.dll).  I cannot simply change the header
> since there
> are signature mismatches.
>
> Are those of you building on Vista using a different build
> environment (like
> the configure/ make approach), or is there something I can do to
> build and
> deploy on Vista.
>
> Thanks,
> Al

I assume that you are using log4cxx-0.9.7.  As far as I know, the
current SVN HEAD of log4cxx makes no reference to msxml of any sort,
instead it uses the XML parsing provided by the Apache Portable
Runtime.  New users are discouraged from using log4cxx 0.9.7.  If you
have problems with the current SVN HEAD, please report those and we
can address them.