From "Wilfong, Paul" <paul.wilf...@ngc.com>
Subject RE: log4cxx
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:38:51 GMT
I just tried using TortoiseSVN to checkout from the log4j repository, and it worked Ok.

If you are trying to use SVN directly, you might have trouble due to proxy setup.  In this
case the Subversion setup file must be edited to update http-proxy-host, and maybe the other
proxy parameters.  On my WXP machine the file is "C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application
Data\Subversion\servers".

As an alternative to Subversion, you should be able to get the distribution as zip or tarball
files, from http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/download.html <http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/download.html>
.  They can be put on a thumbdrive to move them to machines that don't have external network
access.

________________________________

From: Wilfong, Paul [mailto:paul.wilfong@ngc.com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 4:07 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: RE: log4cxx

Are you using Windows?  If so, one idea would be to use the information provided in the following
forum post:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-log4cxx-user/200705.mbox/%3c10834453.post@talk.nabble.com%3e

This post references a blog that discusses building log4cxx using Visual Studio 2005.  I was
able to use it as a guide to get a build going under Visual Studio 2003.