From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with official documentation page.
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 19:18:04 GMT

On Sep 4, 2007, at 4:58 AM, Shuckey wrote:

> The official documentation page
>
> http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/manual/index.html
>
> seems to be experiencing some problems. Clicking on some links pops
> up the
> following warning:
>
> 'The requested URL /log4cxx/manual.html/classes.html was not found
> on this
> server.'
>
> Best regards,
>                       Hrvoje Bratanic AKA Shuckey AKA Crtowat AKA
> No-Fun
>
> --
> I'm going, but I need a little time,
> I promised I would drown myself in mystic heated wine.

The content has moved around a bit with the Logging Services web site
rewrite.  The "manual" is now at http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/
manual.html and the apidocs are at http://logging.apache.org/apidocs/
index.html.  log4cxx/manual/index.html should no longer be referenced
in the site, but I assume that you had that bookmarked or found it
through a search link.  I attempted to write a set of rewrite rules
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/author/src/site/
resources/log4cxx/.htaccess) that would map the old URL's to the new
location which seemed to work on my local server, but they don't seem
to do what I'd like at logging.apache.org.  I've bounce it off the
site gurus.