From "Iwan Tomlow" <iwan.tom...@seagha.com>
Subject RE: Getting Started under VS2005
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:19:38 GMT
Only thing you need to do is tell the linker your project will be
dependent of the log4cxx-library.

In VS2005, this can be done via Project Properties, go to Configuration
Properties > Linker > Input, en add the log4cxx-library in the
"Additional Dependencies" option.
For debug-build of your project, you will want to add "log4cxxd.lib",
for release-build "log4cxx.lib".

Linker must of course be able to find these files, so either make it a
full path or add the lib-directory to the general search-path via menu
Tools > Options > Projects and Solutions > VC++ Directories.
Select "Library files" as "Show directories for:", and add the path to
your log4cxx-build (something like "C:\log4xx-0.10.0\lib").

You'll probably also want to add "C:\log4cxx-0.10.0\include" or the
likes in the "Include files" search path here.

Finally, just add appropriate includes for log4cxx.h etc. as in the
examples, and make sure the actual log4cxx.dll (or log4cxxd.dll) are
present at the same location as your .exe, or can be located via your
Windows PATH environment.

Hope this helps