From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4cxx version
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 21:48:10 GMT

On Aug 11, 2007, at 4:34 PM, Brendan Miller wrote:

> I'm starting a new project and need to know what log4cxx version I
> should use, or if I should use a different log4c*
>
> The front page indicates that the current "stable" version has major
> problems. What about cvs head? Is that in a usable state, and if I
> check it out will I be able to upgrade easily to the next released
> version without interface changes?
>
> Thanks

This topic comes up quite frequently on this list, so you could check
the archives for previous discussions on the usability of SVN HEAD.

I believe the SVN HEAD is in a usable state at the moment.   Apache
Gump builds log4cxx nightly and runs unit tests and has not had a
problem for a while.

There will be likely a lot of activity in the next few weeks to
prepare a release candidate, so there may be moments where the build
is unintentionally broken.  I don't expect any substantial breaking
changes between now and release, but I can't promise that there won't
be any.