logging-log4cxx-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build on Win32 broken
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:08:45 GMT

On Aug 29, 2007, at 8:12 AM, Torsten Wiebesiek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried to compile the latest svn snapshot of log4cxx on my  
> Windows
> XP system. Unfortunately, it failed.
>
> The last output of ant was:
>
>> win-configure:
>>
>> configure:
>>      [echo] Configuring with has.wchar_t=1
>>      [echo] Configuring with has.wcout=1
>>      [echo] Configuring with logchar_type=wchar_t
>>
>> build:
>>        [cc] Starting dependency analysis for 144 files.
>>        [cc] 144 files are up to date.
>>        [cc] 0 files to be recompiled from dependency analysis.
>>        [cc] 0 total files to be compiled.
>>        [cc] Starting link
>>        [cc] link: extra operand "/DLL"
>>        [cc] "link --help" gives more information
>>
>> BUILD FAILED
>> C:\Project\SuperScanII\extern\log4cxx\build.xml:615: link failed
>> with return code 1
>

That appears like you have Cygwin or MinGW in the Path ahead of  
Microsoft Visual C++.  Both have a program named "link", but MS link  
would never ask you to ask for more help using "--help"  Run  
vcvars32.bat again to put VC in the front of the path and try again.


> I then tried to compile it with Microsofts Visual Studio 2005. I
> created the project files with ant build-projects-vs8 and
> opened/compiled the project files following results:
>
> 1. msvc8\apr       success :-)
> 2. msvc8\aprutil   success :-)
> 3. msvc8\cppunit   success :-)
> 4. msvc8\log4cxx   failure :-(
>
> 1>writerappender.cpp
> 1>xmllayout.cpp
> 1>xmlsocketappender.cpp
> 1>Code is generated...
> 1>Linking...
> 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: Cannot open input file ".obj".
>

Looks like the project has an embedded bogus file name.  You  could  
open the .vcproj file with a text editor (select Open As Text from  
the File Open dialog should do it) and then look for ".obj" or  
similar and remove it and see what happens.


Mime
View raw message