From "Wilfong, Paul" <paul.wilf...@ngc.com>
Subject RE: Trace level in log4cxx
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 22:44:20 GMT
Ah so - thanks very much...

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Arnold [mailto:carnold@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 3:40 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Re: Trace level in log4cxx

On Aug 8, 2007, at 3:11 PM, Wilfong, Paul wrote:

> The "Short users guide to log4xx" (http://logging.apache.org/
> log4cxx/manual/Introduction.html)  describes the available levels:
> "debug, info, warn, error, and fatal".
>
> The similar log4j document (http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/
> manual.html) describes these, but also an additional one: "trace".
>
> Is "trace" in log4j but not log4cxx?  What would be the reason?

Trace was added to log4j after log4cxx was originally developed.
There is an open bug LOGCXX-86 to add the trace level to log4cxx (the
hard part is porting the test cases over).  The existing web content
will eventually be replaced with Maven generated content.  I've just
modified the log4j manual to account for log4cxx differences so the doc
on the staged site (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/
trunk/docs/log4cxx/manual.html) should document the trace level, but it
doesn't reflect the actual state of the code at the moment.