From "Wilfong, Paul" <paul.wilf...@ngc.com>
Subject Level:: symbols
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 16:29:44 GMT
On the log4cxx site, there is a "Short introduction to log4cxx".
http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/manual/Introduction.html

It includes the following example to set level:
// Now set its level. Normally you do not need to set the
// level of a logger programmatically. This is usually done
// in configuration files.
logger->setLevel(log4cxx::Level::INFO);

But when I use this I get a compiler error.

I looked at the macros (e.g. LOG4CXX_INFO) and decided to try
"logger->setLevel(log4cxx::Level::INFO)" instead, which seems to work.

Is there a reason I am having trouble with the example given in the
"Short Introduction"?

I've looked at old log4xx forum messages and have seen indications that
the Level:: symbols were removed, but it is not clear one way or the
other...