From Florian Seydoux <florian.seyd...@gmail.com>
Subject Best strategy to ensure a rolling when an application is launched
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:35:47 GMT
Hello,
I'm using log4cxx with a standard application (not supposed to be runned
continuously), but I want to have two logs, one per day (in order to
check potential problems returned by the 'users', i.e. probably not
immediately) , and another per run (with retention of 5~10 runs), for
debugging purpose.

Unfortunately, both RollingFileAppender and DailyRollingFileAppender
can't be used (at least directly), because the application is supposed
to be running when it's time to roll.

At your opinion, what is the best way for me to 'force' a test of the
rolling policy when the application is runned ?
Should I create my own appender, or there is something that I've missed ?

regards

fs

(and sorry for my poor engl).