From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AIX segfault
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 20:35:16 GMT

On Jun 29, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Marshall Powers wrote:

> I did some research and it looks like ISO8859-1 is another name for
> some
> standard US English encoding. I don't know if this "en_US" is possibly
> causing trouble.

ISO-8859-1 would be a very common encoding for any western european
language (which includes English).  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Iso-8859-1.  On a western european unix, the character set is almost
always going to be US-ASCII, ISO-8859-1 or UTF-8.  UTF-8 can encode
all of the Unicode character spec, US-ASCII is the first 128
characters in unicode and ISO-8859-1 is the first 256.

> "3) Download the current APR and APR-util and run "make check" on apr-
> util. "
>
> bash-3.00$ make check
> (cd test && make check)
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mpowers/AIX-APR/apr-1.2.9/test'
> for prog in testlockperf testmutexscope testall ; do \
>                 ./$prog; \
>                 if test $? = 255; then \
>                         echo "$prog failed"; \
>                         break; \
>                 fi; \
>         done

Try running "make check" on apr-util and skip "make check" on apr
itself.  apr-xlate is in apr-util and the apr-util unit tests should
indirectly call iconv_open.