From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Race condition with FileAppender.
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2007 04:26:37 GMT

On Jun 29, 2007, at 10:53 PM, pete@mu.org wrote:

> Nevermind.  This is a known bug.
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-129
>
> I should of just stayed with 97 which was working fine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete

LOGCXX-129 only reported problems with AsyncAppender which was badly
flawed in log4j 1.2.13 and earlier and deadlock reports in log4j
started getting more frequent.  The log4cxx AsyncAppender was pretty
much a straight port of the early log4j equivalent and would be
expected to have the same problems under stress.   The new log4j
AsyncAppender should be ported over to log4cxx and that is one of the
remaining issues on a push to release.

However, your test case does not appear to involve AsyncAppender and
the anticipated resolution for LOGCXX-129 would have no impact.  If
you have any stack traces or other information to help localize the
problem, they would be appreciated.  Otherwise, it will be my top
issue to investigate when I shift to log4cxx development tomorrow.