On Apr 1, 2007, at 10:44 AM, Rayapudi Sandeep-mgb376 wrote:

Hi,

I am a newbie to Log4cxx and
I am trying to use more than one logger, and searched through mailing list but solution given doesn’t seem to work.
Please look at my code and config file and reply me where I am doing   it wrong

  Code:
  -----

  PropertyConfigurator::configure(LOG4CXX_FILE(pbConfigFile));
  LoggerPtr rootLogger = Logger::getRootLogger(); logger = Logger::getLogger("sysmonLogger");

  --  While I debug above code, this is the error message I got

  log4cxx: No appender could be found for logger (sysmonLogger).
  log4cxx: Please initialize the log4cxx system properly.

  Config:
  -------
  log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG
  log4j.*logger.*sysmonLogger=DEBUG, myappender

Why do you have asterisks (*) in the previous line?  I have not seen that documented and don't know of any code that supports wildcarding in the properties file.  Unless I'm missing something, that line would not be recognized by the PropertyConfigurator which would result in having no appender for the sysmonLogger as indicated by the diagnostic message.  Remove the asterisks and report what happens.