From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need help regarding a message printed from log4cxx
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:06:52 GMT

On Apr 27, 2007, at 1:22 AM, Anand Sherkhane wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing this message printed on console: "log4cxx: Large window
> sizes are not allowed"
>
> Any idea why this is happening?

The message should occur when you specify that you want to have more
than 12 files in your rolling file "pool".  You have set the maximum
file number to be 5 and the implied minimum number is 1, so you
should be well within that limit.

> My conf file looks like this:
>
> <snip>
> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, abc
>
> log4j.appender.abc=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
> log4j.appender.abc.Threshold=DEBUG
> log4j.appender.abc.File=../../../logs/auth_plugins.log
> log4j.appender.abc.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.abc.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} %d{%Z}
> %-20c [%-6p] - %m%n
> log4j.appender.abc.ImmediateFlush=true
> log4j.appender.abc.Append=true
> log4j.appender.abc.MaxBackupIndex=5
> log4j.appender.abc.MaxFileSize=1024KB
>
> log4j.logger.xyz=INHERIT, abc
> log4j.additivity.xyz=false
> </snip>
>
> Regards,
> Anand.

The fragment looks okay.  If it is misbehaving, I'd think it is a bug
in log4cxx that needs to be tracked down.  As an experiment, I'd
suggest removing the MaxBackupIndex and see if the message goes away.