From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: rollingfileappender ... not rolling?
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:52:16 GMT

On Apr 17, 2007, at 9:42 AM, Marshall Powers wrote:

> This is not a multiple-process situation. It is multi-threaded, but
> the logging is wrapped in some synchronized singleton class. When I
> built the library, the unit tests caused some unhandled exception,
> but my co-worker assured me that the libraries were OK. So maybe
> getting a newer version from the repository would make things better.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Marshall
Building on VC 6 will produce some test failures in
PatternParserTestCase or FileNamePatternTestCase that do not occur in
VC 7 or later versions and has not been observed with any other
compiler.  Never been able to find a workaround of what appears to be
a compiler or run-time library bug.  I believe the tests are checking
abnormal cases, so the problems with VC 6 should not affect actual
use of log4cxx.