From "Marshall Powers" <mpow...@appsecinc.com>
Subject rollingfileappender ... not rolling?
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:12:04 GMT
I'm trying to use a RollingFileAppender, but my log files are not "rolling"
when it seems that they should. I am using a SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy with
max file size = 100kb, and a FixedWindowRollingPolicy. When I start my
program, if a log file already exists that is larger than the max file size,
it gets backed up properly, but when my log file runs over 100kb during the
normal run of the program, it simply keeps growing, it doesn't roll over. Is
this the desired behavior of these classes? The fact that it does roll the
log files at startup suggests that I have it almost right, but either I have
a mistaken idea about how the appender is supposed to work, or I am missing
some subtle step. Any ideas?

Thanks

Marshall