From Sorin POPA <sorro...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question on Unicode strings
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:42:53 GMT
Hello, Arun!

We have the same problem that you mentioned here, on this mailing-list.
We try to transfer data in unicode format and do not manage to find a solution.

Will you tell us, please, whether you found a solution to this problem and which one would
it be?
Many thanks!

Cheers and have a great day!

Sorin Popa
Romania
Mobile:    +40 728 030299

You wrote:
Hi Curt,

A question on Unicode strings.
I tried to pass in a Unicode string that had some Japanese characters from a
string table. When I used the Windows MessageBox function it showed the
characters correctly. Then I used LOG4CXX_INFO to send the string to the
console. This is what I saw in the Console.

Function Name: wmain
2006-05-26 12:23:20,815 [0xf68] c:\documents and
settings\user\testcxxlogging\testcxxlogging.cpp(72) INFO
-\u0020\u30A8\u30FC\u30B8\u30A7\u30F3\u30C8 \u30D1\u30B9\u30EF\u30FC\u30C9

I saw this in a physical file: ?NFO -??????? ?????

The region was set to United States and the language as English. Since that
was a bit whack I switched the regional settings in Windows XP to Japanese
and the language to Japanese. I installed Language files also and rebooted
the machine.

On running the program I got the same result.

I know this is not the greatest of tests. But I wanted to get your / any
user feedback on how to correct it or test it.

Thanks
Arun