From Jing Zheng <jingzh...@inbox.com>
Subject a proposed patch for DailyRollingFileAppender by Iwan Tomlow
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:44:24 GMT

Hi Curt, Iwan Tomlow suggested a patch for DailyRollingFileAppender in
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.logging.log4cxx.user/842
dailyrollingfileappender.h, Ln 50:
class DailyRollingFileAppender : public log4cxx::helpers::ObjectImpl,
Appender {
  DECLARE_LOG4CXX_OBJECT(DailyRollingFileAppender)
  BEGIN_LOG4CXX_CAST_MAP()
          LOG4CXX_CAST_ENTRY(DailyRollingFileAppender)
          LOG4CXX_CAST_ENTRY(Appender)
+	    LOG4CXX_CAST_ENTRY(spi::OptionHandler)
  END_LOG4CXX_CAST_MAP()

I tried this patch and DailyRollingFileAppender began to work without the
error "log4cxx: No output stream or file set for the appender named ...".
Any potential problem to commit this change into svn? I has been there for a
while...
thanks.